Sunday, July 21, 2013

And The Nominee Goes To...

A few nights ago Rachel from A Tall Drink of Water nominated me for the Liebster Award. I have only started blogging in the last 2 weeks and am very excited! The Liebster Award is given to up and coming bloggers who have less than 200 followers. So, what is a Liebster? The meaning: Liebster is German and means sweetest, kindest, nicest, dearest, beloved, lovely, kind, pleasant, valued, cute, endearing, and welcome. Blogging is about building a community and it's a great way to connect with other bloggers and help spread the word about newer bloggers/blogs.



Here are the rules: 

1. Link back to the blog that nominated you

2. Nominate 5-11 blogs with fewer than 200 followers

3. Answer the questions posted for you by your nominator

4. Share 11 random facts about yourself

5. Create 11 questions for your nominees

6. Contact your nominees and let them know you nominated them
 
My Nominees:



3. Keep Calm and Hoot On by Rissa
 
4. My Kinder-Garden by Crystal
 

Here are my 11 questions for my Nominees....
1. What is your teaching background?
2. What is your favorite season?
3. How did you think of your blog name?
4. What is your morning routine?
5. Your favorite vacation has been? and why?
6. What was your favorite field trip as a student?
7. What teaching item can you not live without?
8. Why did you become a teacher?
9. Where did you go to college?
10. Favorite place to shop? and Why?
11. When is your favorite time to blog?


Here are the 11 questions I need to answer:
 
1. How long have you been teaching and what grades have you taught? 
-I have been teaching for 2 years... I am going on my 3rd. I joined Teach For America and was placed in middle school math (7th grade). Middle school was not for me (elementary was my bachelor's degree), so Teach For America placed me in 2nd grade for my 2nd year. I then was finished my commitment with Teach For America and was hired in the county were I live and will now teach Kindergarten! I am so excited.
 
2. What was the best concert you attended?
-The best concert I ever attended was.. uh this is hard. I just do not go to concerts. I can't justify spending the money.
 
3. What is the one thing you must do before going to bed?
-I have to turn my phone on "Do Not Disturb"
 
 
4. What is your favorite thing about where you live?
-I love living in St. Louis and having toasted raviolis, Ted Drew's Ice Cream, and Imo's Pizza. Food is always on my mind. I also appreciate all the "free" or cheap parks, zoo, and museums. I do not take advantage enough of the wide arrange of activities available in and around St. Louis City and County. Lastly... home of the CARDINAS!
 
 
 
5. Do you have any pets? If so, how many and what kind?
- I have two wonderful fur-children. Jax and Bandit are brothers from other mothers! Jax is a Pit-Bull and is the sweetest, kindest dog you will ever meet. Bandit is his little brother, a German Shepard-Chow Mix. Bandit just wants to love and be loved.

 
6. How did you think of your blog name?
-My bog name came from the idea that when it is Sunny I am happy.. therefore I wanted my students to be Sunny In Kindergarten which means to me "Happy in Kindergarten".
 
7. Do you have a guilty pleasure?
-ABC Family is my guilty pleasure. I basically watch every terrible TV show on the network and can't turn away. I watched Secret Life of The America Teenager until its bitter end. Pretty Little Liars is my favorite and The Foster's is growing on me.
 
 
8. Where was your favorite vacation?
-My favorite vacation was my Bachelorette Party to Vegas.
Picture from XS at Encore our last night in Vegas
 
9. Where did you go to college?
-I went to Missouri State University and graduated with a B.S. in Elementary Education in Dec. 2010
 
 
10. What's the funniest thing a student has ever said to you?
-When I taught 7th grade I had many inappropriate (but funny) comments said around me, but 2nd graders take the cake on silly quotes to a teacher. One of my students last year was talking to her friend and I over-heard... "Ms. Robert is fine, so Joe (my husband) is one lucky man." I couldn't help but feel flattered and just think how adorable little 2nd graders are. It also made me realize how easily 2nd graders can imitate their parents' or adults' actions.
 
11. What is one thing you cannot live without?
-I cannot live without my cellphone (which is about everyone these days), so the other item I cannot live without is my car. I am attached to the idea of being able to go where ever I want, when I want, and with it packed with my "stuff".

No comments:

Post a Comment