Monday, July 15, 2013

Made It Monday 7-15

It is my first Monday Made It with 4th Grade Frolics.
 
 
I created these this weekend to help with the cleanliness of my Kindergarteners. Last year in 2nd grade my "comfy" accessories in the library were disgusting horrible dirty. Now I am not saying Kindergarteners are more dirty, but I would love to keep germs out of my little kiddos mouths, ears, noses, and hands. The idea is to use the covers like sheets on your bed. I would love to wash them every 2 weeks (but we will see). I also thought it would be adorable to decorate with holiday and seasonal patterns throughout the year.

 
 
My mother helped, basically did, create these. We did not make a specific pattern. We decided it would be easiest to just sew a "bag" and place the Arm Chair Pillow inside. After we placed it inside (with the opening on the bottom) we sewed a draw string around the opening and pulled it closed. The buttons helped create the silhouette you see above!
 
 
 
Here are the 3 I currently will have in my room.
 
** I have a "no theme" theme classroom. I am weird and believe it will be the best for my crazy non diagnosed OCD.
 
Hope to gain some new followers and comments on this post! Keep cool everyone
 
 


4 comments:

  1. Cute covers! Love the idea of being able to easily wash them. I was planning on making pillows for my room this year to brighten things up. Now you've got me thinking of pillowcases instead...

    - Pam
    Moments to Teach

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great makeover--what a nice way to make something old new again... Just found your blog through Monday Made It and am a new follower...

    Smiles,
    Sarah @ Hoots N Hollers

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the covers you made! I have nominated you for the Liebster Award! You can read my post to find out more information http://rachelatalldrinkofwater.blogspot.com/2013/07/the-liebster-awardtwice.html

    ReplyDelete
  4. Those are really cute! You gotta love the germs of our little ones....YUCK! I am all for washing and Lysol! =)

    I am happy to be your newest follower. I would love for you to hop over and visit me when you get the chance. =)

    Heather
    Heather's Heart

    ReplyDelete